errors in Propers index for the Graduale Romanum (1974) pdf
  • Does anyone else use the pdf, "Propers of the Mass for the Church Year, Sundays and Major Feasts, Graduale Romanum (1974)", and discovered errors?

http://musicasacra.com/pdf/propers1974.pdf

For the Fifth Sunday of Easter (B/C), it lists the Communion proper as "Ego Sum Pastor", when it's suppose to be "Ego Sum Vitis". An understandable copy/paste error since the previous Sunday has "Ego Sum Pastor", and also because they are both so similar.
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    thank you for this. I depend heavily on this list
  • Hey, you're welcome!

=)

I noticed the error a few weeks ago as we were approaching that day. Perhaps these errors are only discovered as we get to them.

Related/off topic question: How come "Ego Sum Vitis" isn't in the 1961 Graduale Romanum? Am I mistaken? This means that those of us who use the Nova Organi Harmonia would have to find other sources for organ accompaniment for these "missing" chants.
  • dvalerio
    Ego sum vitis is not a part of the EF Roman Rite; however, it is a part of the Dominican use of the Roman Rite (see the 1950 Dominican Graduale, April 25, St. Mark, for which day there also other propers not part of the EF; the Offertory Repleti sumus is now also part of the OF).
  • Thank you, dvalerio! One question always seems to lead to several more, as there is much that I don't know.