Chanted Mass Recordings + notes
  • Greg
    Hi,

I am looking for any Recordings that would help me to learn chanting Mass in english (audio and notes on paper). Are there any melodies that are used in the latin Novus Ordo Missal ?

Thanks,
    Deacon Greg
  • chonakchonak
    For the new Missal in English, ICEL has released their draft settings for the new English texts. It's up to each Episcopal Conference to decide whether to use them, but you could get started with them. I haven't seen sign of any recordings, so you might have to use a piano or other keyboard instrument for practice. The melodies they propose are often close to the common Latin melodies.

For the current Missal in English, there are melodies in the Sacramentary.

For the Latin texts, as you probably already know, there are demonstration recordings on the CMAA web site (scroll down to see the links).

Those will correspond to the melodies in the Graduale Romanum or the Gregorian Missal for Sundays (the latter is available as a PDF file on the CMAA site). There is also an altar-sized book from Solesmes with the chant melodies for priests, Ordo Missae in Cantu. It includes settings of the prefaces and the Eucharistic Prayers.
  • Greg
    Thanks a lot for your help
  • Hello Greg,
    I'm just wondering whether you still need audio files for the Mass in English??? If interested I believe that we can help you.
    Our recording studio has capacity to produce audio/MIDI files.We do make recordings and offer the possibility to get a music score as MIDI, mp3 and all the other audio files and which does not exist! All our products can be purchased - will send the prizes additional if needed and wantedl!

Let me know if you are interested !
    Looking forward to hearing back from you.
    Sincerely,
    Gordana Kekenovska