Simple Choral Gradual
  • I have looked around and have not been able to find a version of Rice's wonderful Simple Choral Gradual that contains only the text for the antiphons with only the melody. We have been using the entrance antiphons, the text to which is printed in the missellette, but our pastor would like to be able to have monthly or quarterly sheets printed for congregational use that contain the antiphon text and the melody (with Richard Rice's permission, of course). Is anything like this available?

Thanks.
  • Richard R.
    Thanks for your interest. I have not prepared a melody-only edition to date, and probably won't get to that project for some time. Please feel free to reproduce or recreate the music in whatever fashion you need. (Should your recording go platinum, however, I get a cut.)

Richard Rice
  • Richard, did you happen to catch the guitar exchange between Francis and myself? How are you about assigning accurate chordal notation to your choral propers?
  • Richard R.
    Charles:

Yes, well, since you can't actually hear my verbalized initial response, I'll just say: Knock yourselves out, boys. (If any of it gets on YouTube with guitar, you'll be hearing from me.)
  • Uh Oh. I hear the voice of the subtext, a menacing whisper...."Ceast and desist, cease and desist..." Aye, aye, Sir! ;-)
  • Richard R.
    Well really, I can't tell you what not to do in the privacy of your own home church. Only, think of the children...
  • Eewwwwwww. RR.
    In the current tabloid climate? Icky, icky, icky.
  • Richard R.
    Alright, now we can sink this topic.