Easter is very late next year
  • gregpgregp
    I was looking at next year's calendar to leave my self a note to remind me of certain things for Holy Week, and - whoa! - Easter is April 24th next year, which means Pentecost is June 12, and Corpus Christi is June 23rd - during the week of the Colloquium (if the Colloquium is held at the same time period).
  • JamJam
    And, for the second year in a row, Catholic Easter and Orthodox Pascha are on the same day.
  • G
    Oooooh.... Eucharistic procession at the Colloquium!

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • rollingrj
    G, quit giving the Planning Committee ideas! (Tongue firmly in cheek.)
  • chonakchonak
    A lot of us probably cannot be away from our parishes on the Sunday observance of Corpus Christi.
  • Chrism
    In the EF, Corpus Christi is celebrated on Thursday. In some places, it is celebrated again on Sunday.
  • CharlesW
    I know. I have no idea why it was changed to Sunday. I guess if you are going to bind everyone under pain of sin to attend, it might be an act of charity to move it to Sunday. Totally nuts. ;-)
  • Chrism
    There should be enough music appropriate for Corpus Christi Processions to get you around most of the churches of Pittsburgh.
  • BruceL
    Perhaps...but all those folks from the two coasts and Midwest had better be in good shape for all the hills of da 'Burgh!
  • JamJam
    true, some of those hills are brutal!

(and I drive a stick shift >_<)