Parish Book of Chant recordings
  • Erik P
    It seems like a set of complete recordings for the PBoC would be a helpful tool for choir directors, many publishers have companion CDs for their hymnals
  • BachLover2BachLover2
    this would be very helpful. adoremus hymnal does this.
  • JDE
    Do I smell another community project coming on?

My guess is that it would be another hosted thing where people could go and download audio files, rather than packaging the whole thing on a CD. That would have to be more than one CD for sure.
  • Erik P
  • Richard R.
    I'd prefer something a little more retro: a set of about 100 of those floppy clear plastic 45-sized records (usually square) you used to find in magazines and on the backs of cereal boxes sometimes... preferably bright red.

But surely, with all the MP3 links collecting on this site, we could cover most everything in that book. What we need is somebody to index them all.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Hello, Erik P!

I'm wondering: are you aware that all the ordinaries (videos, multiple Mp3's,and printable scores) are available for free HERE?

The reason I ask: many folks still do not know about the St. Antoine Daniel Kyriale (which has all the Ordinaries, all the Credos, and the Asperges and Vidi Aquam).

Many of the chants have as many as three different Mp3 recordings (solo, choir, choir+organ). And we plan to add a LOT more to this site.

However, you may be speaking of a CD, rather than a website.
  • JamJam
    In addition to hardcopy CDs -- which might be nice for some people to have -- y'all should put links to all the chants and hymns on that page where you can read the PBC for free online. If you put it all in the same place, it'll make it SO easy to use the stuff in there.
  • Erik P
  • BachLover2BachLover2
    eric: thanks for pushing this project along. i think the parish book of chant makes a huge difference in 'ordinary' parish life.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    @Eric: thanks so much for your support !!!