What you need before Easter Sunday!!!
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Friends,

Tomorrow is Easter.

Here's what you need:

Chicken wings (the ones that come cut up ahead of time)

1 jar of Louisiana Hotsauce

pan

oven

jar of jalapeños

-------------------------------------------------

place chicken wings in pan.

pour in hot sauce and jalapeños

Heat in oven at 400 degrees

make sure chicken wings are cooked next to the bone

HAPPY EASTER !!!!!
  • CharlesW
    What I really need is sleep! ;-)
  • don roy
    how 'bout a diaper a feeding tube, and perhaps an unlimited supply of bon bons since i dont plan to leave the bed for a week
  • Donnaswan
    A really cold glass of Prosecco

Donna
  • marajoymarajoy
    I need...hmm... a chocolate cake, an extra 3 + hours of sleep tonight, about 10 more singers...
  • I need all present, past and future priests to "man up" and lead this, His Church, as they ARE HIM!
    Other than that, I'm cool.
  • JamJam
    What! Sleep, during holy week?!
  • Kathy
    Jeff, was I supposed to defrost these wings first?

Also, whatever happened to rolling them in butter before the Tabasco (TM) sauce?

Also, what about bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks?

Also, wings aren't chocolate.

Happy Easter!!!
  • LOL! Who sleeps during Holy Week? Except maybe on a cot in the sacristy between liturgies....with a platter of hors d'euvres close by, or maybe some leftover Girl Scout cookies. Thanks Jeff for the recipe....will have to try it but chase it with a coupla milkshakes to prevent severe reflux...

Mandee
  • GavinGavin
    I could have done with more sleep... and a chance to watch the new Doctor Who episode!!!
  • CharlesW
    Thankfully, it's over for another year. I am exhausted.
  • Simon
    Perhaps I'm a few hours ahead of US time (Amsterdam). Sang Easter matins at 7 a.m. (up at 5:30). Had breakfast after matins at a snackbar some 30 meters next to the church (adjacent to the red light district in Amsterdam) - then went back to church to warm up (as if I wasn't already after 50 minutes of Paschal matins) for the mass at 10:30 with the rest of an other choir. Breakfast was a pancake with bacon and syrup - highly recommended if you're in the neighborhood. After mass went into the local bar (just coffee) and then went home to join the wife for coffee and excellent pastry from our local bakery. Read the Saturday newspapers (3 - it's part of my work), had a nap, and then made a fresh young lamb shoulder (with rosemary and garlic - bought a whole lamb (10 kilos) yesterday which I cut up and put in the freezer - holding one shoulder for today). Put in the oven at a low temperature for 3 hours with a couple of onions and some spuds and carrots. The wines were Givry (Francois Lump white 2008-1er cru) and Bordeaux Lynch Bages (2000). Easter can't get much better than this. Also tomorrow is a national holiday. I can sleep it all off. Hey - life is really good with chant, polyphony and great food.
  • don roy
    Simon

What a wonderful life! You are truly blessed!
  • Donnaswan
    It is 8:39 am here in East TN and I am drooling over Simon's post.

What a lucky man!!!
    Donna
  • eft94530eft94530
    What must one do to get a cot?
    A sleeping bag does not fit under the pew nearest to the organ console,
    and if it did fit, I probably would not be able to use it
    for other than a kneeler toward the end of the Good Friday chanted passion.
    The rest of the Triduum it would just taunt me.