Verses for Hosanna Palm Sunday antiphon?
  • AngelaRAngelaR
    Does anyone know whether there are verses for the opening antiphon "Hosanna" for Palm Sunday? My chant schola will be singing the antiphon Saturday and Sunday at our cathedral, and we might need to lengthen it a bit.
  • dvalerio
    Yes, the 1974 Graduale Romanum gives verses taken from Psalm 117 (verses 1. 22. 23. 27. 28) using psalm tone VIIa.
  • AngelaRAngelaR
    Is it already in readable notation, or do I have to write it myself? My schola doesn't know the tones well enough to sing directly from the text.
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    In the Graduale Simplex, p. 115, the fist verse has musical notation.
  • BGP
    the first verse is set directly to the tone the others are 'pointed' in the typical way [bolded and italicized where the pitches change]
  • dvalerio
    I'd be glad to scan the verses and post them but I will not be near a scanner till after Palm Sunday...
  • AngelaRAngelaR
    Thanks, all. I found them in the Simplex with notation, as you suggested. I didn't even think to look there. :)
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    thank you very much for this information !
  • See this thread for downloadable English-language solutions.
  • Mark P.
    I thought I was the expert on all things OF and I didn't know about psalm verses for "Hosanna filio David." I'll try to cultivate some humility accordingly.