Alfredo Votta • Portuguese settings of the Mass
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friends,

Alfredo Votta is a wonderful composer, and several new pieces of his are now available on the Corpus Christi Watershed page that has Mass Parts in English, Latin, Greek, Spanish, & Portuguese for organ & voice.
    (This page is still in development . . . as we await the new translation!)

2 new Kyrie's in Portuguese (scroll to bottom of page).

1 new Sanctus in Portuguese (scroll to bottom of page)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of the new translation, here is an experimental Gloria with the new text (includes numerous scores and audio samples):

Gloria ("Glory to God in the Highest") • Free PDF score for organist/vocalist
    • using the New Translation of the Roman Missal in honor of Saint Maximilian Kolbe

I will be interested to see when they officially announce when the new translation will be implemented, because I'm sure many composers will start composing and re-composing . . .
  • Thank you, thank you, thank you, Jeff!
    We have two major festa Masses per year these settings will be most welcomed to serve!
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Stay tuned: I think Alfredo has a LOT more in store for Portuguese Catholics.
  • AlVotta
    Jeff, thanks so much for the announcement and the compliment...

I would very much like to hear from anyone who has used or plans to use any of the Portuguese compositions.

And, for sure, I'm always preparing new material. I'll soon be sending Jeff a Gloria and a Vidi aquam in Portuguese.