Fund-raising ideas for the Colloquium
  • mberher
    As a student I know the troubles that arise when trying to come up with tuition money for the Colloquium. After talking to Scott Turkington, he thought it would be a good idea to have a centralized place to share ideas about fund-raising. So if you have any thoughts on a good way to ask your parish for help, or some other way to raise money let us know!
  • Donnaswan
    I'm sending a donation

Donna
  • mberher
    Thank you so much, Donna, every bit helps! Any donations to the CMAA are greatly appreciated!

I think that the best way to ensure that the youth can get to the Colloquium is personal fund-raising. I think we need to try to raise funds in our own parishes. A few bakes sales might do it, a choir dinner or a talk with a pastor about fund raising possibilities. If we can promote Sacred Music in our parishes by getting people to take part in sending a student to the Colloquium, they will want something in return. They will want to see what we have learned. This then turns into a great way to introduce parishes to good music that they may have been lacking.

We need to get our noses to the grindstone and figure out ways to that we can raise a few hundred dollars to get ourselves to the Colloquium. It can be done. So if you are a student or youth that wants to attend the colloquium talk to your pastors, music directors, Knights of Columbus and see if you can't get some help. The Colloquium is worth a little bit of hard work and the pay off lasts a lifetime!

Take a look at this video from Corpus Christi Watershed - Absolutely Amazing!
    http://vimeo.com/8941838
  • mberher
    Thank you Jeff, apparently I'm not very computer literate. At least now the correct link is up.

Send this link to everyone you can think of. It is a great way to show the efficacy of the colloquium!