Propers for Nuptial Mass in modern notation
  • Good afternoon,

I am a young bride who will be married soon in the Tridentine Rite. I'm in the process of assembling a men's schola to chant the Propers at our wedding and have found that many of my friends and relatives can read music well, but not neumes. Can anyone give me some Latin settins of the Nuptial Mass propers in modern notation? Also, my parish (St. Anthony of Padua Chapel, West Orange, NJ) usually uses the Rossini propers for most Masses. Is there anything like this in Modern Notation.

Since I'm a lady, I do not ordinarily chant the propers. I would appreciate some input from those who might know more.

Thanks,

Claire
  • For propers from the Graduale, here is a link to a source in modern notation:
    http://quilisma-publications.info/Liber%20Usualis%20(Full).html
    The propers for the nuptial mass are in the link "1100-1199" on the above web page and are found on the 12th-17th pages of the pdf file.

Incidentally, the Rossini propers are in modern notation, and those for the nuptial mass are on page 77.
  • G
    "Incidentally, the Rossini propers are in modern notation."

That is what I thought.

Congratulations and God bless, Claire.

(Save the Liturgy, save the World)
  • My, there is a load of good stuff on the quilisma site! It has become a favorite :) Any chance you also have a link to online organ accompaniments for propers?