Bonus features on the CMAA DVD
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Here is a preview of the bonus material on the CMAA Colloquium DVD.

As of today (4 March, 2010) you can purchase this DVD from this site.

Please order one for your Pastor!

I have to tell you that the DVD's came out...better than we ever could have dreamed. The menus, the packaging, the bonus features, etc. Stunning. I hate to "blow our own horn" but you won't regret this purchase.

So, ORDER YOUR DVD TODAY!!
  • marymezzomarymezzo
    Jeff, I have no doubt that it is fabulous. I just ordered my copy and will urge my schola members to buy it as well. And I'll probably buy some as gifts for priest friends.

I think the Bill Mahrt lecture *alone* is worth the price of admission.

thanks for all you do to advance the cause.
  • Chris AllenChris Allen
    Three copies ordered (self, pastor, girlfriend), and I've put a link to the order page on my blog.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Wonderful !!!
  • Steve CollinsSteve Collins
    I just ordered my copy.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Thanks, Steve!

Again, not to "blow our own horn here," but I think that if people started to buy these DVD's and give them to their parish priests, I think we'd start to see a major difference. Am I wrong?
  • gregpgregp
    I just ordered mine as well.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    super awesome, Greg!!!
  • gregpgregp
    I just got my copy today. I haven't had a chance to watch the interview with Dr. Mahrt yet, but since not everyone in my schola was able to watch this online, I was thinking of having a viewing party (after Easter, of course!)

I did watch the opening credits. Seeing the sunrise over Lake Michigan with Kevin Allen's "Tantum ergo" being sung in the background always gives me goose bumps (especially because I was lucky enough to be in the group singing it!).
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    GregP,

Thanks! Let's hope it becomes a classic !!

Sacred music DVD's now available
  • frater
    I ordered for myself and a good priest friend and I also register for Pittsburgh!
  • June Ely
    gregp~

I was hoping that you would want to have a viewing party, count me in!
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Haha! Cool. We should have a viewing at this year's Colloquium! :0)

;-D
  • chonakchonak
    Congratulations, Jeff, on the beautiful Colloquium video!

Here's a little technical note for viewers with old-fashioned television sets like mine:

The first time I played the DVD, my TV set started to display the 16x9 images in 4x3 format, squeezed horizontally, without "letterboxing". For a moment I wondered if there had been some terrible mistake! That happened because my newish player assumed it was working with a modern TV in 16x9 format.

After I found the proper setting in my player's menus and changed it, the player correctly "letterboxed" the video (centered it on-screen, with black space above and below) and used the proper proportions. So it looks just fine now.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    thanks, Chonak ---- yes, this is something I learned about ---- the fact that different TV's play things differently ----- 4/3 is so different from 16:9, but the TV companies seem not to care --- I think everything will eventually be in 16:9 ----- if you watch certain TV shows (like Forensic Files) you will notice that they constantly switch back and forth between 16:9 and 4/3 ----- it's very interesting ----- the newer shots are always in 16:9 ----- I don't pretend to understand any of this, but I can tell you we chose to stick to the "standard" output, which should play perfectly well on any TV ---- and I spent hours and hours trying it on numerous televisions ---- it actually works the best on our old television (5 years old) which IS a 4/3 ---- again, I don't pretend to understand any of this

by the way, Chonak, I've seen that setting --- the one that "squeezes" everything to fit --- it is a very weird setting --- I'm surprised they even have it at all, but all the new TV's do have that setting as an option

GET YOUR DVD TODAY!

Sacred Music DVD • Colloquium XIX
  • chonakchonak
    Even some TV organizations don't get it yet: our local diocesan cable channel produces their shows in 4:3 but streams them online in 16:9, which makes the video stretch horizontally, so that everyone's face looks unnaturally wide. They don't seem to know the difference.

But I assume EWTN (which broadcasts in 4:3 format) can "letterbox" the Colloquium video when it airs the program, whenever that eventually happens, so that the 16:9 proportion will be preserved.
  • gregpgregp
    Jeff, is this something that CC Watershed will be doing again this year? Or was that a one-time thing?