Cathedral Basilica Director of Music Ministry, Denver CO
  • Full-time Director of Music Ministry
    Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception
    The Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception in Denver, CO seeks a full-time Director of Music Ministry. Applicants should have at least a Masters Degree in Music or equivalent Catholic Parish experience, comprehensive choral direction experience, keyboard/organ-playing skills; including ability to accompany choral literature and congregational singing. The Director of Music will serve as primary conductor to the Cathedral choir and must oversee cantors, development of children’s choir program, as well as other future music ministry groups; would include assisting in liturgy duties of the Cathedral parish. Knowledge of grant writing is also a plus. Music Ministry in the Cathedral Basilica Parish includes congregational singing, sacred polyphony, Gregorian chant, contemporary Catholic music. Applicants must have experience working with capable volunteers in a parish setting, as well as other professional musicians.
    Resume should be mailed to:
    Msgr. Thomas Fryar, Pastor Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception
    C/o Music Director Position
    1530 Logan Street
    Denver, CO 80203
  • (This post is jest.)
    Like, is this, uh, following Horst?
    Yes.
    Why, yes, I like jumping into the shoes of a prophet..... (who happens to be both funny and a genius....)
    Thank God I'm nearing 60! Never thought I thank God for that visceral reality.
  • gregpgregp
    Wasn't there one earlier this week following Scott??
    Same thing!!
  • Sorry, forgot to add that the Resume's are due by April 15, 2010. Thanks, JSM