Online Source for Graduale Romanum (1974) Texts
  • Does anyone know of a source or sources of all of the texts of the 1974 Graduale Romanum? Has anyone compiled any or all of these texts who is willing to share their work?

I found the texts for Sundays and major feasts a while ago and grabbed them, I believe this was from the website of a Dutch schola. I am looking for all of the texts--the entire book.

Many thanks!
  • dvalerio
    What do you mean? Are you thinking of a table such as the (incomplete) one below, listing the chants? (Page numbers refer to the 1961 Gradual available online; you can check the entire texts there.) Is this what you are thinking about?
  • @dvalerio-- Your table is very good, but I'm looking for the complete texts of all of the propers, not just the titles. Have you done anything on this?
  • dvalerio
    Sorry, no; checking the 1961 GR is indeed the best solution I can come up with, since texts did not change: there are only a few chants in the 1974 GR which you cannot find in the former version.
  • Have you gotten any further with that table, dvalerio? It's very helpful.
  • Sorry... I haven't...
  • Adam, I'm interested in the site too but your link seems to be obsolete. Thanks.
  • BenBen
    bump
  • For the benefit of a choir that sings on Wednesdays, and since I (still) did not finish the table listing all the propers for the OF, I compiled this table, about which the following remarks are necessary: 1) there are many days of saints that take precedence over ferial days; I did not include anything on saints' days; 2) there are many chants missing from sources for Sundays only, as they are never sung on any Sunday; this happens more often during Lent; 3) blanks mean that the corresponding default chant from last Sunday is used; i.e. when there is a Sunday with a chant, say, for year A and another for year B and yet another for year C you'll be at a loss, since you do not know which of them is the default... When there is one for two of the three years that is usually the default (but there are exceptions, e.g. the introit of Week 3 per annum is Adorate Deum even though Dominus secus mare is sung on Sundays of years A and B). All this means the table is not really enough, but I guess it's better than nothing.
  • Thank you dvalerio!