Notice - Kansas City FT Position
  • The following ad was placed on the NPM website and I share it here as a professional courtesy. If anyone is interested in this position and would like any details that are not listed below before applying, please contact me privately. I was the most recent "Director of Liturgy and Worship" in this Parish.

Director of Liturgy and Worship, St. Charles Borromeo Parish and School, 900 NE Shady Lane Drive, Kansas City, MO 64118. Phone: (816) 436-0880; fax (816) 436-0103; website: www.stcharleskc.com. A faith community of 1,600+ families desires a team building, baptismal call inviter as Director of Liturgy and Worship (DLW) for overall responsibility of coordinating and implementing the liturgical experiences of our parish and school. Our DLW will invite, train and facilitate/supervise the roles of the various liturgical ministries: lector, Extraordinary and hospitality ministers, environment, sacristans, servers and provide for scheduling of these ministers. Our DLW extends leadership and direction to all church choirs, cantors and instrumentalists. Our DLW assists engaged couples in planning the marriage liturgy and grieving families for funeral liturgies. Keyboardists preferred; start date negotiable. HLP-7394. (Posted 01/16/10)
  • AOL says that your e-mail address isn't valid ...
  • My apologies. It's: tlaudamus@aol.com.
  • Very interesting. That's all I'm gonna say.
  • Cantate
    That's a heck of a lot of work...I hope it pays well.
  • "baptismal call"?
  • chonakchonak
    "baptismal call inviter" is a phrase I haven't heard before. I suppose it means that the director of liturgy is to exercise his role so as to promote the sanctification of the faithful, and not mere entertainment or minimal compliance with norms.

Well, for the parish's sake, I hope it means that! :-)
  • Isn't this a rather Pentecostal term?