HELP?!?!??? anyone have a trumpet part....?
  • G
    Okay, ransacked the choir room and cannot find the trumpet score for Messiah.
    (NOT my fault, haven't used it since I've been here.... did find multiples of the oboe part -- when in the world could they have fielded a squadron of oboes? I digress...)

Anyway, if anyone could email me a PDF of a trumpet part for Hallelujah before 1:00 pm tomorrow I would be eternally grateful, and an entire choir will be remembering you and your intentions in their prayers at Christmas.

[email addy]

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • G
    In case anyone else cares, Werener-Icking had the parts, (terrific site.)

http://icking-music-archive.org/scores/haendel/H56/Handel_Hallelujah_04_Trumpet_in_C_1.pdf

• In the future, if you ever need new Messiah scores, the ones published by Lorenz, have the trumpet obbligato for the Hallelujah chorus in the back of every copy!!! They match the page numbers of the Schirmer editions, which so many of us have, so you can add to your library and never worry about the trumpet part again- it's offered in C or Bflat and I'm thinking there is also a tympani part.
    A bargain. Sorry I can't remember off the top of my head who edited it. My mind is muddled have been collating and organizing orchestra parts for Midnight Mass for the last 7 hours.

Donna
  • G
    An enormous thank you to Noel!
    Thanks Donna, next time maybe I'll look through the files, oh, I dunno, BEFORE the actual week of Christmas?

• haha! Believe me, you aren't the only one who has waited till the last minute and begged some Music Press to mail overnight Express.

Donna