Wanted: Free ($) Brass Arrangements of Carols
  • GavinGavin
    The Christmas celebrations are almost upon us, and I wager there's some musicians (surely not myself!) who wound up with brass and no music to give them. In that vein, does anyone know of any fine particularly festive arrangements of common Christmas carols and hymns that they want to share with such people on the forums?
  • JL
    Check out Michel Rondeau's section of the Werner Icking Music Archive (http://www.icking-music-archive.org/ByComposer/Rondeau.php)--scroll down past the symphonies; it's a pretty extensive collection. There are plenty of Christmas pieces for brass in various configurations, with and without choir, organ, timpani and so forth. The ones I've read through seem a little trite, but there's probably something worthwhile in there somewhere.
  • francis
    Gavin:

I have done custom arrangements for my chamber orch for Christmas. VERY simple, but effective with organ and cong. (vln, vla, vc, timp, tr, organ, satb, cong.) The text is NOT composed by mr. ALT! Very close to what you would find in the PBEH if not exact.