Parish Book of English Hymns (PBEH) location?
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    I'm looking for the Parish Book of Hymns that the CMAA produced --- where is it? I've looked several places. Is it done? May I humbly suggest it could be put in a more prominent place --- I searched the main CMAA page for "hymns" --- no luck --- looked under SHEET MUSIC, no luck
  • JamJam
    I was under the impression that it hadn't been printed yet, and was still in the development process.
  • Kathy
    Beginning at the top of this page:

MusicaSacra Home
    Sheet Music
    English Hymns in the Commons

(I agree, it's a little hard to get to.)
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    whoops! my mistake
  • JamJam
    So wait... am I right that it is still being developed insofar as there is no actual *print* version, at least?
  • I have been noting the navigational difficulties for some time. I suggest one of you web design types volunteer to organize the files, books, and various links available on these pages. I'm sure Jeffrey would appreciate the help.
  • Yes, PBEH is an active downloadable resource of available hymns.

I'll post an update on progress shortly.
  • eft94530eft94530
    Jeff O: "I'm looking for the Parish Book of Hymns that the CMAA produced"

While we are "fixing" things, could we please correct this Discussion Topic from ...
    looking
    ... to be something long-term useful, like ...
    Parish Book of English Hymns (PBEH) location
  • incantuincantu
    Thank you, eft. There seem to have been a number of posts lately with the extremes of "A generic question about sacred music" to "This is the most iMpOrTaNt discovery in gregorian chant EVER!!!!!1!!! ***CLICK HERE NOOOOOOW*****".
  • eft94530eft94530
    Me too!
  • I agree that a completely new organization is needed but what about short term fixes? I know that the sidebar is ridiculously long. Is there a case for reducing these to just essentials and putting a MORE link?
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Hello, incantu.

With regard to Cecilia, it really was the most important breakthrough. At least I feel that it was.

What Father Matthew has created is . . . so easy, so life-changing, it deserves to be proclaimed from the hilltops.

His program, Cecilia, is like nothing I've ever seen. It is truly amazing. I tried for years to use Meinrad Fonts and Gregoire, but never made any headway with those programs.

Furthermore, nobody KNOWS about Cecilia. I had to search very hard on this forum for a link to Cecilia.

However, I agree with you that some post headings could be more descriptive.

HERE IS A LINK TO CAECILIA FREE GREGORIAN FONTS
  • eft94530eft94530
    Can we fix this Discussion to conform to the Category descriptions?
    The change: from (Choral Matters) to (Hymnody).

And, so people using Search can find the font link, the correct spelling is ... Caeciliae
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Eft, both "Cecilia" and "Caecilia" are correct:

eft94530, read this if you want a laugh (concerning this topic) written by Francis P. Schmitt

I spell it both ways on different posts to help search engines
  • eft94530eft94530
    Different spellings have different purposes.
    The producer of a product has a right to choose the spelling of their product name.
    He decided the branding would be ... Caeciliae

http://www.marello.org/projects/caeciliae

Oh, never mind.
    He, himself, cannot consistently spell his own product name on his own product webpages. :-(
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Lassus also spelled his own name many different ways, just as he would often write letters in several different languages (changing languages mid-sentence at an astonishing rate!).
  • eft94530...

You do not know if he, or someone else creates the webpage. I have a real problem with someone criticizing a priest who is really working in the vineyards. I would suggest in the future it would be prudent to email the webmaster directly rather than posting publicly.

You are also unaware that there is a font family called Cecilia that is free and is NOT for gregorian chant...do a search for cecilia font on google and realize Fr.'s brilliance at using this spelling....
  • francis
    A brand is a brand for two reasons

differentiation
    marketing

the spelling of a brand is critical

the proliferation of fonts forces one to think hard on the best name

meinrad is a great name for a gregorian font

Cecilia has been over used in the sacred music realm to ellicit differentiation

many fontographers use their last name which is a good and common practice

if it hasn't been used as a font name I would recommend

Spencer