PMM - 19 hours - Norfolk, VA
  • St. Pius X Parish is seeking a part-time (19 hours) Pastoral Music Minister. Applicant must be familiar with Catholic Liturgy, traditional and contemporary music, and have the ability to play the piano and/or organ. Our masses are 5 PM on Saturday and 8 and 10:30 AM on Sunday. You must be willing to work Holy Days and other special liturgies throughout the year, as well as evening rehearsals/meetings. The Music Minister is responsible for selecting music, forming/rehearsing cantors, developing choirs and forming the congregation in liturgical music. Salary and benefits are negotiable. Please contact Fr. Jun Balarote at frvb@piusxparish.org or 757-583-0291.
  • I received an email telling me that I had the position. Immediately after sending a quick letter of thankis, I received another email saying that I did NOT have the position. At any rate - the position has been filled.
  • This position was filled quite some time back in early November. Give thanks to God. Communication with the priest was a deplorable thing. On the eve of Thanksgiving, I received an email stating that I had been hired. So I returned the email with thanks, and suggested that the pastor and I talk after the Thanksgiving weekend. Thanksgiving Day, I received the same email from him....(complete with the carots, signifying that this was a forwarded/copied letter). When I reread the entire letter, there had been a change added: that I didn't get the position. It was a gift from God to not be called into yet another parish where the priest had less than adequate communication skills (this was a fact brought out to me by several people at the parish.)

Stephen Ohmer
    Johnson City, TN
  • In all seriousness, do they not take business classes in seminary? If not, they would be well served if they did.
    my 2.3 cents
  • I agree, Christopher. However, I think he guys should also have to take mandatory liturgy, chant and music classes. Guess which four classes will never be used!