Chants of the Ordo Missae
  • As part of a project, I put together the chants of the Ordo Missae. See this booklet. A translation of the texts is still missing, but this may be added at a later stage.

Do you think this is usefull for the assembly? Any suggestions for improvement are welcome!

Steven
  • dvalerio
    > Do you think this is usefull for the assembly?

Excellent! Most, most useful!

> Any suggestions for improvement are welcome!

My sole suggestion would be the inclusion of the sung «Confiteor».
  • chonakchonak
    Beautifully done.
  • > My sole suggestion would be the inclusion of the sung «Confiteor».

I have been looking for a sung Confiteor. I know of the sung version in the Liber Usualis (1962), pp. 110-111 but here, of course, the Fratres ... and the Misereatur are missing. I would love to add the Confiteor; does someone have a complete musical setting?
  • smvanroode--

This is gorgeous! Did you typeset this all yourself? It looks like Gregorio, am I right?

A question for you--This booklet begins on page 376--Is this part of a larger work that you're assembling? Is this something that you might consider open sourcing for others to benefit from also?

Just a few curiosities. Keep up the great work!
  • Yes, I'm using Gregorio, although I always make some small adjustments afterwards using Illustrator.

The Ordo Missae is part of a Dutch version of the Graduale Simplex. This work is still in its initial phase; it isn't complete by far and I didn't find a publisher yet either. I'm also working on a section with cantus varii, which I will post here when it's finished.
  • rich_enough
    Very, very nice work.

I was wondering - in my experience the version of the Asperges that you print is used less often than the more ornate version; in fact I have never heard the version you print sung at mass (although I have seen it in the chant books). Is the one you included used more often where you live?

Sam Schhmitt
  • Dear Steven,
    Did you remove this file? The link no longer seems to be working. I am in a situation where I need to put together a complete booklet for the Ordinary Form in Latin (Roman Canon only) and it would help to have something to work with.
    Thank you!
    Peter
  • PennyPenny
    Here's the full link, Professor.

http://www.transitofvenus.nl/ordomissae.pdf
  • Steven, here is a chant version of the OF Confiteor.
  • Stan,

What a perfect example of what didn't need to be abbreviated. If you've ever assisted at a Solemn High Mass, you can hear this in all its glory.