All Saints' Introit and additional verses
  • Gilbert
    This concerns the Introit, Gaudeamus omnes, for All Saints', in the Extraordinary Form only. I want to use at least one additional verse from the Psalmorum for a High Mass. The Psalmorum states: "Ad Introitum, ut ad Communionem Gaudete justi, 147, cum terminatione f."

This would make perfect sense if the Psalm Verse and Gloria Patri in the Graduale Romanum were both in the Tone If, but that is not the case. The Psalm Verse is in tone ID, and the Gloria Patri is in If.

If I wanted to repeat the antiphon after each verse, and I wanted 2 verses total plus the Gloria Patria, is this what it should look like: Antiphon, Verse in Graduale in ID, Antiphon, Verse in Psalmorum in If, Antiphon, Gloria Patria in If, Antiphon?

To me this seems odd.
  • The ending of the GP is intended to lead into the beginning melody of the Antiphon. My advice would be to A) use the GP ending whenever you are going back to the Antiphon, or B) do whatever sounds the best.
  • Aga
    Because the end of each verse should be suited to the beginning of the Antiphon and because the proper ending in this case is f, I would sing the first verse (from Graduale) according to 1f (not 1D as it in the case when after this verse is Gloria Patri instead of the Anitphon). Of course, it's only a suggestion.