Northern CA workshop?
  • alrtree
    Is there anyone willing to bring a small workshop/instruction to Northern CA, particularly to the capital, Sacramento?
  • I wonder if the Trappists in Vina would be interested in hosting.
  • alrtree
    I was thinking of the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament, maybe.
  • alrtree
    Where is Vina?
  • about 30 klicks north of Chico on Highway 99.
  • You might ask around your local FSSP parish, St Stephen's I believe. I hear they have a strong chant program. A member of my schola used to live and sing in Sacramento.
  • incantuincantu
    I've been wanting to do something like this elsewhere in CA. We're hosting a three day chant and polyphony weekend here in San Francisco for Christ the King, learning to sing the five propers in polyphony, and the ordinary of the Mass in chant. I'm also putting together a concert for the Assumption on August 15th with a local chamber music program that will include readings of chants informed by the Graduale Triplex, sharing some of the experience our choir had singing the Gregorian Mass with the women's schola at La Sainte Trinite in Paris this summer. E-mail me at the address in my profile if you'd like to chat.
  • alrtree
    Upon further investigation, it appears that the diocese is already planning some workshops. Ask and you shall receive!