Liber Usualis iPhone App
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    IS THIS FOR REAL?????
  • yes oh yes
  • I should add: possible ONLY through open sourcing. Here is the font of all creativity.
  • Pes
    Astounding!
  • Kathy
    "Here is the font of all creativity."

Careful, better not tell the Holy Spirit that His job has been outsourced to the Austrian School of Economics ;-)

I think this is a more realistic formulation: Open sourcing removes one of the barriers to creativity, which in the current situation depends a lot on impressing people who have gained and hold the power of distribution, for the sake of profit.

On the other hand, open sourcing simultaneously removes one of the motives for creative effort, which is profit.

Anyways, it looks like a totally cool app.
  • chonakchonak
    The ad says that all the content is under their copyright. I have to wonder how that is to be interpreted!
  • Pes
    These sorts of resources sure will look cool on this:

http://gizmodo.com/5335942/an-insider-on-the-apple-tablet

Of course, this means the singer's face will be lit from below, which is a little creepy in low-light situations.

Other than that, wow. Access to 2,300 pages of well-indexed chant, world-wide, instantaneously.

The only possible next step is to provide some underlying musical information, and thus audio. Imagine yourself running your finger across the neumes and hearing, in real-time, an audio representation of it. That would be another level of utility.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Did they just rip off the CMAA scans?
  • Does "ripping off" exist in open source?
  • The next step should be one I thought of during a Noon Mass recently - when some one's cell phone went off!

Chant ring-tones!