• RobertRobert
    thank you! I've been looking for something like this for a long time now, scouring libraries and used bookstores, and the internet...and I've never even heard of this title. And now, here it is, a mouse click away. Amazing.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    totally amazing
  • Jeffrey, I don't know where you find these things. I particularly like the idea that I should be practicing with my handy set of Gregorian flash cards!

All teasing aside, I can hardly wait to curl up with this by the fire.
  • seems like this should be in print

by the way, the Pilgrimage is going very well!
  • BGP
    WOW! yes print it.
  • Chrism
    Looks interesting. Can't wait for the movie version.
  • fabulous. I need it.

And one of my schola singers is on the pilgrimage. I'm glad to hear it's going well!
  • This book really valuable if, like me, one is trying to learn the neo-Solesmes method of chant. I obtained a reasonable printed copy using the booklet printing feature of Adobe Reader after rotating the landscape pages and cropping the file (.75 in on top; .325 in on the other sides).
  • BenB
    Just putting in a request this be added to the sidebar on musicasacra.com. (It very well may be there already, or this is in the works, but I thought I'd suggest it just the same.) A resource as valuable as this should not be hidden!
  • After taking a closer look at J.R. Carroll's Technique of Gregorian Chironomy, Scott Turkington was astounded.

He had never seen this book before, and he found it outstanding. It is not only the single book on the subject ever made available, but he actually believes it to be the best tutorial for anyone aspiring to be a chant conductor.

He urged us to put it out in a large format 8.5X11 with spiral binding so that it can sit on a podium.

That seems right to me so the version posted a few days ago is no more and it is replaced with this one. It ends up being more expensive due to the coil binding but that's ok.

It seems like a better product overall, and worth it for this one-of-a-kind book that will now serve as the text for Chant Intensive workshops.

• Please consider writing a review if you have this book and would recommend it to others. Check out the Amazon listing here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SDR8CK