O Sacrum Convivium by Remondi
  • henry
    Does anyone know of a 2pt arrangement of O Sacrum Convivium by Remondi, and if so, where I can get it?
    Thanks.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    i know of 3-part and 4-part by Raimondi, but not two part
  • I have it! If you send me an email, I will try to send it to you as a PDF file. My email is SarumChant@aol.com (Ken)
  • Thank you. I sent you an email and will wait for the file.
  • I apologize for the confusion in that I have only the Ravenello 2 part version of this text. What I have is a rather large collection of two part motets with accompaniment compiled by Rev. Carlo Rossini entitled, CANTICUM NOVUM. It is much like the SECUNDA ANTHOLOGIA VOCALIS by Ravenello as listed on the CMAA music home page site under music.

After searching the Internet for a few hours, I could only find a few references to this body of work and no pdf file for downloading. Do you think the general CMAA membership would be interested in me trying to copy this collection and turning it into a downloadable pdf format for their use? Many of my former choirs including children's choirs loved these little two part motets. Some are so so while most are very nice and musically rewarding.

Please let me know if you would like for me to start the copy / pdf process for you all.

Ken
  • don roy
    i have simply had the soprano and alto part sung while i accompanied using the whole motet. this is the piece i used to introduce my boys and girls choirs to the concept of satb. they learned the soprano and alto lines, i sang tenor and the janitor sang bass (and very well i might add).
    the kids were immediately won over.
  • don roy
    also a melody edition of the st. gregory will have just the soprano and alto parts.
  • Hello, I just joined the list tonight after reading a comment by Ken of Sarum. You have the organ accompaniment for Carlo Rossini's Canticum Novum???? I had one many years ago and am desperate to locate another, or at least a copy. Can you help?? Thanks, Lisa
  • Dear bunny2u - I am in the process of transferring the entire 115 Motet Collection over to PDF file. However, at the moment, some health issues as well as a non-cooperative Adobe Acrobat program has a halt to this endeavor.. Sorry. As soon as I can get back to it, I will offer the entire Collection here for all. My email is SarumChant@aol.com