Singers needed for Philly TLM
  • "Beginning on October 25, 2009, a weekly sung Traditional Latin Mass will be celebrated at 12 noon at St. Paul Church in South Philadelphia on Christian Street between 9th and 10th Streets. St. Paul Parish is forming a mixed choir and a men's schola cantorum to perform under the direction of Dr. Robert Hall, music director for the traditional liturgy. Interested singers should demonstrate familiarity with musical notation and sight singing and the men of the schola should demonstrate familiarity with traditional chant notation. Weekly duties will include preparation of the chant "propers" from the Roman Gradual (men's Schola) as well as music to be sung by the mixed choir including the Mass "ordinary", chants, motets, and appropriate hymns. Interested singers should contact Dr. Robert Hall directly at 267-978-2119 or by e-mail at: headdoc50@aol.com for more information. Thank you.
  • BruceL
    I am pretty sure Fr. Carey came to celebrate the weekly OF Latin Mass at Kenrick-Glennon Seminary last year. I was able to chat with him and some other priests at breakfast after Mass that day; I believe he studied music at Westminster Choir College. In any case, he seemed like a very good and holy priest who will do a lot of good for the Philadelphia archdiocese. All best blessings for this endeavor.