Nashville Dominicans at Eucharistic Congress in DC
  • Maureen
    I'm watching the CMSWR Eucharistic Congress on EWTN now, which is for the Superiors of female religious orders, and the Nashville Dominicans are presenting some very nice pieces. Lots of chant and polyphony. Dead silence from the other attendees.

My goodness, just looking at them go is a vocational tool, because they're so joyful.

I see that Mr. Buchholz and his wife did music also... sorry to have missed that... but since TV coverage started at EWTN at noon today right after their presentation was done, I guess I couldn't have seen it without being a Mother Superior or a speaker. :)

Anyway, there's another "musical interlude" at 3:15 today (EST).
  • Maureen
    The second musical interlude is the "Vespers Schola" from Mt St Mary's Seminary. They sound good.
  • CharlesW
    The St. Cecilia Dominicans are amazing. If you want to see someone from the dying liberal orders become apoplectic, mention the Nashville group.
  • Kathy
    The combined communities' choir that sang at last night's Mass was terrific! I never thought the Community Mass could sound so good--such full, clear, soprano descants!
  • chonakchonak
    Thanks, Maureen, for mentioning this. I've been able to catch the last few speakers and musical selections as well as the closing Mass, in progress.
  • My organist's sister is a Nashville Dominican. How come their order is growing with plenty of young women. while others are fading fast. We all know the answer to that.

Donna
  • Thanks for posting this. I watched the "Vespers Schola" from Mt. St. Mary's Seminary. They sounded very nice.

This summer, I visited the convent of Nashville Dominicans with the youth group kids. We stayed there about two hours and were allowed to sit with them for Vespers and rosary. They sang so beautifully. St. Cecilia is one of the patron saints of the Dominican sisters.

There were a lot of very young sisters at the convent. A sister said the average age of the sisters was 37(?). I cannot remember the exact number but it was definitely below 40 years old.