Fugue in C Min (organ) : by Koerber : (free to all)
  • francis
    All the notes are here so you can here it and play it with a quartet, but I am still working to make the score right for the organ.

http://romancatholicsacredmusic.com/seehear/fugueInCMin.mp3
  • I love it! My youngest son has just started at Baylor U. Music School. They are big on winds. His professor might be very interested in this piece for ensembles.
  • francis
    Steve:

Let me know. Sib can spit out an arrangement for any combo in minutes.
  • I'll forward the MP3 link, and see if they want the music.
  • francis
    BTW... this music is completely transparent polyphonically. You could play any part in any range and it would sound just fine. (ie. S could be transposed to B, A to T, T to S and B to A)
  • Steve - If he has wheels you might suggest your son visit St Jerome in Waco. Quite a nice choir and some excellent leadership in their program.
  • He doesn't drive yet. He has been to St. Louis Church in downtown Waco for 2 Sundays now - where they have an occasional EF Mass. He went to a Low Mass the first time, and a High Mass a week ago. I haven't heard from him about this weekend. Dr. Michael Foley is a professor at Baylor, and is active in that EF Mass, and has met Andrew. There's also an upperclassman Andrew knows who goes there. Maybe we'll get him driving over this next summer, I don't know.
  • francis
    Steve:

music coming soon.
  • Francis, this is marvellous! I had not had an opportunity to sit and listen to it till this evening. Please let me know how to get copies of it. The woodwind players in my family would really appreciate and enjoy it. God bless!
  • miacoyne
    I'd love to see the score for the organ. Thanks.
  • francis
    Was going through old threads, and I forgot about this... must have got caught up in some goings on here at church. So sorry!

Enjoy.

If you learn this, please record it and let me know. I forgot about it and never learned it. String quartet premiered it last year or so.

download organ score
  • francis
    After I posted this score, I realized that the hands aren't arranged correctly. This was just a dump of the quartet score into the set up for organ, but the transcription hasn't taken place as of yet. Will have to work on that. Too much music, too little time.

Vincent:

Did I ever send you parts for woodwinds?