Augustine DiNoia processional question
  • I am just a convert and don’t know anything. I watched on EWTN part of the Episcopal consecration of Augustine DiNoia, O.P. On the rerun I made a DVD of the processional, which I loved, but the disc is now unreadable (I hate technology).

Can one of you Smart Church Music People tell me what the processional music and words were? I emailed the basilica music department but got no response.

I thought it was great. I found the short refrain verse with music in the bulletin online but I wonder what the English verses were. Does anyone there know? I thought it might be one of the longer psalms, I heard “Jacob” and something like “snow”, perhaps Psalms 46 and 47 together? Again, being a convert I don’t know what is required for words for such things.

Sorry to be a bother. I wish my disc hadn’t been ruined. I also loved it because I saw so many of my O.P. priests in the processional. I go to the Dominican parish in Columbus, OH. I even recognized the friar whose job it was to hold the bishop’s hat!
  • miacoyne
    Would this help?
    http://www.nationalshrine.com/atf/cf/%7BB0534716-4524-407D-A065-B68C4BFCB4BE%7D/DiNoia%20Ordination%20FINAL%20draft.pdf
  • Thank you miacoyne. That is the bulletin I saw. It contains the short refrain verse with music but not the English verses between which were chanted. The processional took about 20 minutes and had maybe 15 verses or so. They sure had a lot of priests and bishops. And all with matching chasubles.

They even chanted the introit, a rare thing in my parts, though we often have that at the vigil Mass at my parish. It is our vigil Mass which is quieter and tends to have more chant and the "cool stuff" that converts like. 8-)