Mass in Allentown PA
  • ViolaViola
    Greetings from NE Scotland.
    Husband and I will be venturing across the pond next week and will be in Allentown on Sunday 27th. Please could someone direct us to the Catholic Church there?
    Thanks in anticipation!
  • ViolaViola
    Actually I've now seen the Find a Mass thread. The Reverent Mass site lists St Stephen of Hungary in Allentown, which looks promising.
    We came over a few years ago, won't mention the city, and had a rather disappointing experience, hence the advance preparation this time.
  • francis
    I am an organist of this parish… we have two locations… you might want to come to Holy Ghost in Bethlehem, our newer location where the choir sings at the 10:30. .. and come up to the choir loft after Mass so we can shake hands.
  • MatthewRoth
    Francis, the grey-on-black of the website is hard to read. (I went to check; I had no idea that you'd gotten a new home!) It may be that the site accounts for my system being in dark mode, but I would much rather there be no change than to be unable to read the website…
    Thanked by 1francis
  • Looks like a beautiful parish! I'll have to stop by if I'm ever in the area (I don't travel much).
    Thanked by 2francis tomjaw
  • francis
    Yes… come by… let me know when if you do. Gothic German architecture built in 1800’s.
  • Liam
    Allentown-Bethlehem and the Lehigh Valley have a lot of wonderful people and things.

*Not* sacred music, but a lovely, silky, folk song from the 1980s that the group wrote inspired by news accounts of interviews with the veteran (as in decades-long) workers of when the last silk mills of Allentown closed:

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=jjy4EDCxCuc&list=OLAK5uy_l9QTi_YpR8QiE3FVd3jO9-zhJwdwRphSQ
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen