Psalms from Ad Communionem for the rest of the year…request
  • MatthewRoth
    Would someone be able to tell me which psalms are assigned to the communion propers of:

— the 21st Sunday after Pentecost
    — the 22nd Sunday after Pentecost
    — the 23rd Sunday after Pentecost
    — Christ the King
    — All Saints

My copy has gone missing. I like to do copies weeks in advance, and I'm not going to be able to get one in time for the next Sunday, the 21st after Pentecost in any case. Hopefully I don't need to make all of them and that a new copy arrives …shortly. Thanks for the help!
  • Chant Tools/ Mass Propers Tool has the option for the Verses Ad Libitum at the bottom of the Introit and Communion proper. E.g. 21st Sunday after Pentecost:
    Screen Shot 2024-10-07 at 3.46.39 PM.png
    1277 x 613 - 108K
  • MatthewRoth
    @tomjaw the formatting for the Solesmes book is atrocious. Communio uses the NV which is obviously not gonna fly at the TLM.

@OffertoryVerses incoherently. The verses for next Sunday are taken from all over ps. 118. I greatly prefer the way that the Ad Communionem book only jumps around if the psalm verse in question is the chant itself. Or as is the case on June 24, where the MSS jumps around.

In some cases this is fine if now a pain because literally all I want gents — and ladies — is to recreate what’s on the page of Ad Communionem until I get a new copy or miraculously find mine. It is reasonable to assume that the psalm can start at v. 1 if the proper is also a psalm. (Or rather I guess Ben just copied Solesmes — but in any case, I just want someone to tell me what is in Ad Communionem. I don’t care about the other books.)

But several of the upcoming propers are not psalms!
    Thanked by 1tomjaw