O Sacrum Convivium (2024)
  • Pax!

Sharing another piece here, I want to offer this to commemorate the National Eucharistic Congress taking place tomorrow and to contribute to a "perpetual" Eucharistic Revival.

Blessed feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel!
    O Sacrum Convivium.mp3
    2M
    O Sacrum Convivium.pdf
  • francis
    very nice. thank you.
    Thanked by 1AdteBeateJoseph3
  • emac3183
    Beautiful! I will be looking hard at adding this one to our choir's rep.
  • Praise God! I've attached some practice audio below. I've also added the tempo marking "Adagio". I believe a slightly faster tempo is better with those long notes!
    O Sacrum Convivium.mp3
    2M
    O Sacrum Convivium Soprano.mp3
    2M
    O Sacrum Convivium Alto.mp3
    2M
    O Sacrum Convivium Tenor.mp3
    2M
    O Sacrum Convivium Bass.mp3
    2M
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • achoyce91
    Pretty! Did you use Dorico for the score and recording?
  • I used Musescore 4! And the Academico font which reminds me of the Dorico look.
    Thanked by 1achoyce91
  • We have been working on this with our choir. It is beautiful. Here is a recording; it's not perfect, the tenors lose their way on the second page among other things. I know that I at least enjoy receiving recordings of my own compositions by others, so I thought I'd extend the courtesy
    2024_09_19_20_39_55.mp3
    3M
  • Praise God! You all did a great job! It is really humbling to have someone sing one of my compositions. What parish is this?
    Thanked by 1liampmcdonough
  • The parish is Presentation of the Lord (Ordinariate), north of Houston.
  • Please let me know when you sing it for Holy Mass; I consider the piece to have been blessed by the Lord when it is used for the Holy Sacrifice! Thank you again!