• canadashcanadash
    I have had three new tenors join my choir since January. I had to share this good news and have you all know my joy. THREE. One reads well, the other is keen and just an all around great guy and the third is a young man, so who knows if he will stay, but he seems to like it. I have a female tenor too who will go back to alto in the fall. At the last mass I had 5 basses and 4 tenors. Maybe this is a sign of the apocalypse.
  • francis
    Oh my gosh the three tenors.
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • MatthewRoth
    There could be three of us?!?!
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • Impossible.
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • emac3183
    I've had several join since I started here–they were the first section to have 3 consistently show up, and they started calling themselves the "Three Tenors" before I even had time to make the joke...
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • vansensei
    And if they're actual tenors and not baritones who can sightread, even better ;-)
    Thanked by 2tomjaw Carol
  • Carol
    We used to pitch hymns down a tinge just so we could use high baritones to sub for actual tenors. It also helped our sopranos who were 1.5 and not really first sopranos, too. It was a little tough on the altos and basses, though.
  • IanWIanW
    Loudly clear your throat during pauses (tenors are trained to do this from birth).