Office of hours sung in Latin
  • Anhaga

I am trying to learn "Office of hours sung in Latin"  broadcasted by Radio Vatican.  And I found a website, "Officium Divinum" but it seems the text does not exactly match with the recordings.  The text from "Antiphonale Monasticum" (1934) is not the same one either. I think Radio Vatican uses different psalms and antiphons.  Is there anybody who knows the source of the text and the chant notation of the recordings?

• BGP
    Vatican radio would have the office hours according to the present usage the 'officium' website appears to have the 1962 office so not everything will be the same. The music for the present use hasn't been published?? They are probably pulling melody's from the older books.
  • chonakchonak
    The recording for Lauds today matches the Liturgia Horarum (1977) books, with a couple of exceptions.

The melodies for the psalm antiphons matched the Psalterium Monasticum (Solesmes, 1981).
    The text of Psalm 5 included some verses that are not in the LH, but are in the PM.
    I don't know where the second antiphon's melody came from; the OT canticle from 1 Chr is not found in the PM.

I couldn't make out the text of the Benedictus antiphon, so I don't know what source was used for that.
  • Anhaga

Thank you all very much for the replies.  Maybe the recordings used Liturgia Horarum Iuxta Ritum Romanum, 2000 edition published by Libreria Editrice Vaticana.  I am not sure if any web version is available.

Also, according to "Handbook for Liturgical Studies" by Anscar J. Chupungco, it seems there was another edition in 1985.