seminaries
  • mbdc
    Cany anyone here provide a list for me of the solid seminaries in the country? I am particularily interested in ones on the East coast. I know about Mt St Mary's, Charles borromeo and Holy apostles, but any others?
    God bless,
    M
  • CharlesW
    One of my priest friends went to Holy Apostles a few years back. At that time it was solid. If it has changed, I haven't heard about it.
  • chonakchonak
    Dunwoodie (New York) has a good reputation.
  • frater
    Stay away from Christ the King Seminary in EAst Aurora, NY (Buffalo diocese)
  • I know the vice rector at St Borromeo. Fr Diamond is an excellent teacher and intellectual. He is also supportive of good church music.
  • BruceL
    I know someone studying at Theological College, and he says it seems as if some of the East Coast bishops want to "clean it up". It's not bad now, from what he says, but liturgy isn't so hot, etc. Many good men studying there. One up side is that you have CUA across the street (very good education) as well as the National Shrine.
  • G
    Don't the Canons Regular of Saint John Cantius send their men to Holy Apostles Seminary?

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • rich_enough
    I notice that Fr. Z at "WDTPRS" has a list of seminaries that offer training in the Extraordinary Form, an indication, I would think, of their solidity.

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2009/11/news-about-tlm-training-for-seminarians/

Sam Schmitt