Musicians in Santa Fe, NM area?
  • Hello, I have had an inquiry about musicians living in/near Santa Fe who may be willing to sing for a Requiem Mass (date not yet set). Gregorian chant propers and some simple polyphony are desired, if possible. Novus ordo.

If you are interested, please contact me at gm@musicasacra.com.
  • Kathy
    Janet, my alma mater St. John's College has a rigorous music program that includes chant and polyphony. The extracurricular choir sang the St. Matthew Passion my freshman year. Usually some students sing with the symphony. I'd suggest reaching out to them and seeing if they might have some students or even faculty who might be interested in helping.

Edit: A good contact might be Peter Pesic, email on this page https://www.sjc.edu/academic-programs/faculty/santa-fe
  • John B
    Thank you Kathy. I am the friend of Janet who made the inquiry. A friend is near death and has asked me to arrange music for his funeral. It will be am OF Mass with some Gregorian chant propers and well known polyphony (e.g., Sicut Cervus) depending on whom I can round up when the time comes. Likely at his home parish, St. Joseph, in Los Cerrillos, NM.
    Thanked by 1Kathy