Equipment for recording videos/audio of the choir & organ
  • We have been experimenting using social media to make video/audio recordings of our Masses or other events in the church which include music. So far, simply using an iPhone has worked well, but the audio is often something to be desired for, for it doesn't handle the volume of the organ terribly well. It becomes distorted and crackly. I was thinking purchasing a portable digital recorder might work. This would allow me to capture the sound from elsewhere in the church, and put the iPhone to record video wherever is convenient. I am able to do simple editing so I don't think I will have difficulty syncing the audio and video. Would anyone have any advice on this in general, or whether something like the Zoom H1n would be fit for this purpose?
  • a_f_hawkins
    There are other relevant discussions on the forum
    https://forum.musicasacra.com/forum/discussion/19361/what-microphone-to-use-for-simple-choirorgan-recording/p1
    if you go to the 'Discussions' page there is a search box
  • I can’t speak specifically to streaming, but I can say that my Zoom H5 does great with the organ just using the internal mics.
    Thanked by 1MarkS
  • davido
    Zoom H1 is pretty outdated by now. I have a H4 which is nice, and apparently there is a H5 available which will be even better
    Thanked by 1MarkS
  • MarkS
    We have used the Zoom H4 and H5 both for recording and streaming with really quite good results.
  • MarkB
    I purchased the Tascam Portacapture X8 in September and have been pleased with it.