The Spiritual Tsunami Has Arrived
  • francis
    Ok

So, I have been talking about the “C” word for years, no, decades and now we are in it!

Pray like you have never prayed before.

Mass, daily rosary (or multiples thereof), fast, pray, sing, and NEVER FORGET… (if you are in a state of grace) God is “with” you always. As one of our priests said today, he may not be present, but he is with you. He also said that “this is arguably the darkest time in the history of the church.”

For a physical example look up Japanese Tsunami on YouTube and you get a glimpse of how unbelievable it is and how numbing and how mesmerizing the experience maps out in reality.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DKB-BMhbjew

One or 2 miles from you cars are floating away… and most people are still driving down the street.
  • GerardH
    I presume by "C word" you mean Christmas, by "spiritual tsunami" you mean the tide of graces which is coming this holy season, and by "darkest time" you refer to the impending Winter Solstice for you in the Northern Hemisphere. Thankfully, in the Southern Hemisphere, we are about to have our Summer Solstice, so the near future is looking very bright indeed!

Merry Christmas all! Just one more week of fasting before the feast. Emmanuel - God is with us.

Mt 6:34
  • francis
    GerardH

Yup... you got it perfectly!
  • francis
    People watch Tsunamis from different vantage points… get out of the ocean… fast!

Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • CharlesW
    get out of the ocean… fast!

I am amazed at the number of folks I know who have left Catholicism and gone to Orthodoxy. They just don't want to deal with the Latin church any more. I suppose they have gotten out of the ocean.
    Thanked by 1tomjaw
  • francis
    CharlesW

Yea… that is one way out of the destruction… but which ones are still on the barque?!
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • CharlesW
    Good question.
  • This is not music.
  • francis
    Roborgelmeister January 8 Thanks

This is not music.

Neither is this, one of your own posts from this forum… speck or log?
    RoborgelmeisterRoborgelmeister May 2015 Thanks
    UGH. I detest the word cremains. First Known Use: 1947. The funeral industry loves. Christians should not use it, because it demeans the body, which for baptized Christians, is of course, the temple of the Holy Spirit. Cremated remains. Morally, for the purposes of a funeral, the ashes ARE "the body." A full funeral with a coffin, and don't let them use the word casket, usually involves embalming--very expensive, a hearse to transport the coffin, and the funeral plot, and having the grave dug. Very, very expensive. Perhaps as much as ten times as expensive as cremation. I live in one of those 70% states.