Bud Clark Viadana Settings
  • Hello everyone,

Does anyone have a copy of Bud Clark’s Viadana fauxbourdon settings? Thanks so much if anyone is able to help!
  • GerardH
    Bud's old website and most of the PDFs are still available on the Wayback Machine.
  • I do. PM me.
  • Would anyone know what became of Bud? After Palms Springs and Cathedral City, it's as if he fell off the face of the earth.
    I have dozens and dozens of pdfs of his many arrangements of this and that. And his transcriptions of Carlo Rossini, in English. Many items for small choirs.
  • davido
    I believe he passed away. Maybe that is documented on this forum somewhere.
    He really contributed so much material. Must have put huge amounts of time into the work.

Edit: i also have no concrete evidence of his passing. Thought I remembered a conversation about his site no longer being supported, but no evidence of that either….
  • Heath
    I'm sorry to hear that he (may have) passed. His numerous arrangements were so helpful to me as a young church musician, and he was always gracious in private correspondence. May he rest in peace.
  • I don't see anything about Bud Clark's death (I used Google Advanced Search). If anyone has anything concrete, I would love to see it.
    Bud did several commissioned pieces for me. Fortunately, the church where I was working had a budget that allowed me to pay him for his services.
    He knew the TLM frontwards and backwards, Solemn, Low, and anything in between!
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    I have never seen an obit for him either, but I'm sure he must have passed away, unless he and Luke are each completely incapacitated at this point. Neither were in good health 10 years ago. I will remember Bud for his significant good work in the field of sacred music. We didn't talk politics, thank goodness, because we were polar opposites there. If he is deceased, I pray for the peaceful repose of his soul. He was good to me.