Music for Missionary Work on the Streets
  • I just remembered an old idea i had a few years back that kinda slipped my mind for a while.

Back then i had just listened to "Peccador Contempla",
    ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTcW9X7D3u8&pp=ygURcGVjYWRvciBjb250ZW1wbGE= )
    which is a nice song with Guitar accompaniment about the Last judgement and a call to repentance.
    I was wondering wether more music of this missionary style existed, especially in different languages.
    Like specifically in such a style that doesnt sound like its just meant to be preaching to the choir, but that kind of tries to beckon the uninitiated into its narrative.

Ive learnt a little guitar and my dream at some point would be, to be able to just sit by the streets and play and sing music that would entice otherwise irreligious people to give these topics some thought.

Do any of you know some songs that are in similar style? or would be interested in making them?
    I myself am german, so i dont think there will be many songs in my language of this kind, but perhaps some of you would like to post english content of this sort, see if theres people with a similar vision.
  • tomjaw
    Old English Carols to be sung while carolling (Drinking and dancing)
    See the Oxford book of Carols
    Dives and lazarus
    This is the truth