Happy Thanksgiving- Count Your Blessings
  • Carol
    I am grateful that I just brought my brother home from the hospital following emergency surgery on his colon. He is coping well and seems ready to make positive changes in lifestyle and maybe even in a spiritual way. Please pray for his physical and spiritual health. Thanks so much!
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Prayers for your brother and you, too, Carol.
  • CharlesW
    Prayers!
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • Happy Thanksgiving!
    Besides appreciating my wonderful family as always (and of course never enough!), I am also grateful that Advent is arriving soon, which is my very favorite season of the Church Year. I can't believe I grew up not knowing the Rorate Caeli and Conditor Alme Siderum--but at least I know them now. And thanks be to God, my little girl will grow up always knowing them!
  • Thankful for I Advent 1988, on which day, through our most blessed Lady, I returned to the Faith after wandering in the darkness for more than 15 years. It is my profound blessing to be involved, now, in music for the Mass.

For all of you who pray for the return of some beloved soul - if God's kindness and providence could do that for me, it will be possible for anyone. Don't ever give up hope!!
  • I am just so happy and grateful to God for bringing me to the Catholic Church.
  • Carol
    mmeladirectress and Anna, thank you for these encouraging words! I am so happy for you and pray my brother is touched soon. After the surgery he remarked wryly, "I'll bet a bunch of rosaries were prayed last night." He is on the verge of returning to the church of his childhood, but is afraid to commit, I think.
  • I do not find it easy to account for my conversion apart from the Holy Spirit acting through the prayers of friends and indeed of other Catholics unknown to me (I am the only Catholic in my immediate family). It's just so unlikely. I had everything to gain from remaining in the Episcopal Church, or so I thought until I began to notice that certain things weren't adding up. Yes, we must continue to pray and to thank God for all His mercies.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen Carol
  • also saying thanks for a little garden that is still giving up mustard greens and kale. :-)
    Thanked by 2Anna_Bendiksen Carol
  • Beautiful!! Hooray, garden!!
  • Carol
    I am thankful for the people who enjoy gardening! I am definitely NOT one of them.
  • tomjaw
    @Carol The advantage of gardening is the plants do not talk back!