New "Chant Talk" Episode - Round Table discussion with three Colorado priests
  • After three years, I've finally gotten around to recording a new episode of "Chant Talk." Episode 15 features three Colorado priests, Fr. Sam Morehead of the Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception in Denver; Fr. Greg Bierbaum of St. Mark in Highlands Ranch (who recently hosted the 1st Colorado Sacred Music Conference); and Fr. Francis Therese Krautter, CSJ of St. Ignatius of Loyola in Denver, board member/baritone with Gaudium Verum. It was a great conversation about the philosophy of sacred music, Gregorian chant as the first model, the importance of the proper antiphons, instruments in the liturgy, and more.

Watch the hour-long chat at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwmW-cvbA14
  • MarkB
    Thank you for posting this. It's an excellent one-hour summary of Church teaching about music for Mass and how to navigate the pastoral reality on the ground in parishes. I have shared it with my choir members and the other music directors in my diocese. This is a gem to share with people who don't know much about liturgical music that will give them a proper orientation and encouragement.