Catholic Liturgical, Gregorian, and Hymnals for Sale
  • oldhymnsoldhymns
    I received the following email from Harry Bick at Good Books from Texas today regarding a wide variety of Catholic liturgical books and hymnals, including Gregorian materials, he has for sale. I wanted to share it with you in case you might be interested in any of these items. I have purchased from him in the past and his prices are very reasonable, and he is good to deal with.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:

There is a lot to look at, all closing on one night, so take your time. When they start closing, they will be closing rapidly, so prepare yourself. This sale on eBay will begin closing out on Thursday, August 24th, at 6:00 PM U.S. Central Time.

Here is the current link to all my music offerings on eBay: https://tinyurl.com/goodbooksandmusic2

WHAT YOU MAY LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THIS SALE:

There are a lot of different hymnals, mostly Catholic, from around the country, and around the world, many with Latin and English hymns, some just one or the other. Most of these are antique dating back to the 1800's and early 1900's.  Three of the 1800's ones are leather-bound! Some have the organ accompaniment, others have the melody and lyrics only. A couple have only the words and I believe are intended as devotionals. Some are designed for congregational singing, for choir or chorus, or both. Many are service books or prayer books as well. Two are armed forces hymnals. Some are completely in Latin and I have tried my best to express the gist of the contents in the translations.

The most unique or exciting hymnal in my opinion, is the 1880 leather-bound Catholic Prayer and Hymn Book from Joseph Mohr, who composed the famous hymn, "Silent Night", Austrian priest (1792-1848).

I could go on, but I think you are going to enjoy reviewing the books in this sale. Although these are rare and out-of-print, I have kept the starting bids as low as possible, based on weight and the cost to ship them. FYI: shipping costs have gone up again! You will notice after the auction items, there are some Buy-It-Now music books from previous auctions that are bargain priced (but do include shipping). You can click the {Add To Cart} button on the listing to add to your auction winnings and pay from them all at once.

Remember: You no longer have to wait for me to send a combined invoice since the shipping is no longer an added charge. I would recommend you wait to pay until all your auctions have closed, then make one payment from your eBay Shopping Cart.

Please add goodbooksfromtexas@gmail.com to your list of contacts so you don't miss out on these sale notifications.

Thank you,
    Harry Bick, Good Books and Music
  • Thanks for sharing.

Marc
  • Yes, Thanks for sharing.