Chant Pilgrimage
  • JDE
    Yes, but that's a long way from Aprile with his shoures soute, when longen folk to goon on pilgrimages, so I will probably have to pass.

Also it's too close to Yom Kippur, and a gig is a gig.
  • Jonathan,
    Did you then stay in Chicago for the Cantor's Convention I stumbled into on Sunday afternoon at the Westin?
    I blogged a tad about it. It didn't mention they actually have software that has digitalized vocalizations of the liturgical Hebrew chants. I was, as discreetly as possible, hovering over the shoulders of a couple of gentlemen as they were perusing this, uh, oddly fascinating contrivance. We don't have anything like it; pray that we never do.
  • Kathy
    "I am Ictus, the chanting robot."
  • Richard R.
    Will the participants be preparing the chants for Ember Saturday, as prescribed in the traditional ordo for September 26 (four Graduals; one Tract; no booze)?
  • AOZ
    The details of the Mass are not yet finalized. Information forthcoming.
  • JDE
    Charles - I didn't stay in Chicago. I have been singing the High Holy Days every year since 1993 -- I love it. It's the only gig where I've never been shushed.

I hope the digitized vocalizations are only a learning tool?
  • JDE
    And Yom Kippur is Monday, 27 September, so it would be a bad idea for me to sing all weekend at the Chant Pilgrimage and then sing all Sunday evening and all day Monday -- in a much more vocally demanding style.
  • G
    "no booze"

WHAT??!?#??$?%???

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • miacoyne
    I just forwarded the Pilgrimage info to my homeschooling support group with my following intro. (maybe Baltimore /DC/VA chapter can send the info to as many as we can around this area?)

A wonderful chance to get to learn and experience sacred music. Many of the faculties and speakers are from the sacred music Colloquium I attended in Chicago in June, which was the most wonderful experience to me. As we know, our Pope is leading us to restoring sacredness in our liturgy which has been neglected in many local parishes. In response to his endeavor, many church musicians are working hard to promote sacred music, and the involvement of the congregation is also absolutely necessary for achieving this goal.
    This is not just for musicians, but for all the faithful who sees the Litrugy as the heart of our faith.
    Come and find out what is sacred, beautiful, and universal. True liturgical music is not about the taste of individuals, as liturgical prayers are not of individuals, but prayers of the Church.

I'll be there, hope you can make it!
    Scroll down for the info.

God Bless,
    Mia Coyne

"An authentic renewal of sacred music can only happen in the wake of the great tradition of the past, of Gregorian chant and sacred polyphony" Pope Benedict XVI, 2006

Pilgrimage info...attached