Male singers in South Texas for July 22 special Mass
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Friends,

does anyone know of any male singers in South Texas who might want to help sing a special Mass at Corpus Christi Cathedral on July 22?

You are cordially invited to attend a very special event scheduled at Corpus Christi Cathedral Wednesday (July 22) at 7:00 PM. It is the feast of St. Mary Magdalen, and Bishop Dominique Rey of the Diocese of Fréjus-Toulon on the French Riviera will celebrate Mass in her honor. Special guests who will be present include His Excellency, Bishop René Gracida, Jeffrey Tucker, Arlene Oost-Zinner, Fr. Patrick Meaney (Founder of the Little Brothers of the Eucharist), newly ordained priests of the Community (Fr. Michael Monahan and Fr. Thomas Van Danniker), and the staff and friends of Corpus Christi Watershed. Bishop Rey brings with him relics of St. Mary Magdalen. A special choir will sing with sacred settings prepared for the celebration, and a DVD and recording is being made of the Mass. A free catered reception will follow. All are invited to attend.

I can E-mail you the music and practice CD if you are interested.

The Mass is using the greatest Sacred music in the world: Gregorian chant, polyphony by Du Fay & Victoria, etc.

If you are interested, please write me at my e-mail address and put "July 22" in the subject line

• Gilbert
    Jeff,

What is being planned, might I ask?
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    You are cordially invited to attend a very special event scheduled at Corpus Christi Cathedral Wednesday (July 22) at 7:00 PM. It is the feast of St. Mary Magdalen, and Bishop Dominique Rey of the Diocese of Fréjus-Toulon on the French Riviera will celebrate Mass in her honor. Special guests who will be present include His Excellency, Bishop René Gracida, Jeffrey Tucker, Arlene Oost-Zinner, Fr. Patrick Meaney (Founder of the Little Brothers of the Eucharist), newly ordained priests of the Community (Fr. Michael Monahan and Fr. Thomas Van Danniker), and the staff and friends of Corpus Christi Watershed. Bishop Rey brings with him relics of St. Mary Magdalen. A special choir will sing with sacred settings prepared for the celebration, and a DVD and recording is being made of the Mass. A free catered reception will follow. All are invited to attend.

I can E-mail you the music and practice CD if you are interested.
  • miacoyne
    Fr. Thomas Van Danniker, is he the one who celebrated his first Mass in US last Sunday in MD? (I was there. Our parish is very proud of him.)
  • Gilbert
    Will it be a sung Mass? Will it be an Ordinary Form or Extraordinary Form Mass? This sounds very interesting.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    The Mass is using the greatest Sacred music in the world: Gregorian chant, polyphony by Du Fay & Victoria, etc.
  • Gilbert
    What's the rehearsal schedule like?
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Hi, Gilbert !

You know, I am stupid --- I should have said above:

" If you are interested, please write me at jeff@ostrowski.cc "

Gilbert, I hope (in your charity) you will contact me, and we can chat more

MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS !!!!!!!
  • miacoyne
    Unfortunately, I'm not in Texas area and (not a male singer either.) But could you please post a video clip and recordings? I'm sure it's going to be a beautiful Mass.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    hahah! Sure, Mia ! We will be doing that for sure.
  • miacoyne
    Thansk, I must add I'm perfectly happy to be a female singer and live in MD. (and will be happier if I can hear the recordings too ;-)