Propers for Novus Ordo Ritual Mass for Confirmation
  • k9mjm
    Does anyone know where I can find chant settings of the introit and communio for the Novus Order Ritual Mass for Confirmation? The introit is a shortened version of the Vigil of Penetecost:

Dicit Dóminus: Effúndam super vos aquam mundam,
    et dabo vobis cor novum,
    et spíritum novum ponam in médio vestri (T.P. allelúia).

Thus says the Lord:
    I will pour clean water upon you
    and I will give you a new heart;
    a new spirit I will put within you (E.T. alleluia).

The communio I cannot find anywhere:

Quicúmque illumináti estis,
    qui gustavístis donum cæléste,
    et partícipes facti estis Spíritus Sancti,
    gaudéte omnes in Dómino (T.P. allelúia).

Rejoice in the Lord, all you who have been enlightened,
    who have tasted the gift from heaven
    and have been made sharers in the Holy Spirit (E.T. alleluia).

I am pretty desperate; I have to sing a confirmation mass in an hour and a half.
  • k9mjm
    Thank you! We ended up, with the celebrant's permission, using the propers for Pentecost / votive Mass for the Holy Spirit during Easter. For the future, do these ritual Mass propers exist in Latin with notation somewhere? They are in the Missale Romanum without notation, but I don't see them in the '74 Graduale Romanum or in Gregobase...
  • rich_enough
    The lists of chants for the ritual Masses can be found in the 1974 Graduale, pp. 643ff.

I appears you are looking at the proper texts in the Missal, which are meant for spoken Masses and don't necessaily match the Graduale. They were not meant to be sung and no chants exist for those texts not in the Graduale.
  • dhalkjdhalkj
    One option I sometimes resort to at weekdays feasts of saints is to use the chant from the 1974 Graduale preceded by the text from the missal sung to the corresponding psalm tone. The expectation of the rubrics is that the Graduale would be used by the singers but that if they were not singing the priest would have access to an appropriate text in the altar missal to read in place of the singing. Its inclusion in the missalettes in the hands of the congregation alters our impression of its appropriate usuage and priority.
    Thanked by 1a_f_hawkins