• I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a chart or document which indicates which Masses, Creeds, etc are indicated for seasons, feasts, etc.

I know the basics but it would be nice to see something laid out and complete.
  • rich_enough
    The suggested assignments for each Mass in the Vatican Kyriale for the TLM are given in the following (1962 revisions in brackets).

Some are based in long-standing practice (Masses I and IX), but you are probably aware that these are only suggestions, and that you are free to "mix and match" among the various parts of each mass: "This Ordinary is NOT meant to be a matter of hard and fast rule: chants from one Mass may be used together with those from others, the Ferial Masses [XVI and XVIII] excepted. In the same way, in order to add greater solemnity, one or more of the following 'Chants ad libitum' may be employed" (Liber Usualis, p. 78).

I - Paschal Time
    II, III - Solemn feasts [1st class]
    IV - VIII - Doubles [2nd class]
    IX, X - Feasts of Our Lady
    XI - Sundays throughout the year
    XII, XIII - Semidoubles [3rd class]
    XIV - Within octaves, except of Our Lady [3rd class]
    XV - Simples [Commemorations and ferias of the Christmas season]
    XVI - Ferias thoughout the year [The Ite missa est may be used ad libitum for any mass]
    XVII - Sundays of Advent and Lent
    XVIII - Ferias of Advent and Lent, Vigils Days, Ember Days Rogation

No assigments are given for the Credos, although a note at the end of Credo I states: "This is the authentic tone for the Credo, but the following tones may be used where it is customary."

The 1974 Graduale has the following designations only:

I - Paschal Time (with additional Kyries for Sundays and of Feasts and Memorials)
    IV - Feasts of the Apostles
    IX - Solemnities and Feasts of Our Lady
    X - Feasts and Memorials of Our Lady
    XI - Sundays throughout the Year
    XVI - Ferias throughout the year
    XVII - Sundays of Advent and Lent
    XVIII - Weekdays of Advent and Lent, and Masses for the Dead (the latter having its own Kyrie)

The note after Credo I above is retained.
  • Thanks this is what I was looking for, I had found it at one point but lost it somewhere along the line. God Bless you!
    Thanked by 1ServiamScores