Seeking propers for Feast of Mary Refuge of Sinners Oct 20
  • My parish has taken for its patronal feast the feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Refuge of Sinners which the Angelus Press missal includes as an optional feast for certain regions and congregations on October 20th (with commemoration of St. John Cantius).

Can't find chants for some of these proper texts anywhere. A couple seem to derive from Our Lady of Mount Carmel (July 16)--the Communion has a single word change but is otherwise a match, and the first half of the Gradual for October 20 is listed in my Liber as the Offertory for July 16. The Introit, Gradual, and Offertory, however, are eluding me.

Attaching photos of my Angelus Press missal for reference to the texts. If anybody had a source for chants for these propers, I would be very grateful. I'm having trouble just finding any source besides this missal for this feast's existence, history, or typical application.

Incidentally, if i cannot find chants, I may have to resort to adapting the RECTO TONO PROPERS...
    4000 x 3000 - 2M
    4000 x 3000 - 3M
    4000 x 3000 - 3M
    4000 x 3000 - 2M
    4000 x 3000 - 3M
  • Have you checked Gregobase and searched by incipit?
  • I have, found nothing besides those fragments I mentioned finding in the Liber.
  • tomjaw
    @ZacchaeusLock
    Sadly the supplements to the Liber / Graduale are not all online or even transcribed on Gregobase, but you are in luck. I have a scan of the Supplement for the Diocese of Paris imp 8 October 1926. They celebrate (d) this Feast on the 16th January.
  • @tomjaw this is it, knew I could count on the forum!
    Thanked by 1tomjaw
  • Tom,

On the 2nd line of the Gradual, on the word "bona" are the notes sol-fa-fa-re or sol-mi-fa-re?
    Thanked by 1tomjaw
  • tomjaw
    @CGZ
    Good spot, I had thought I had seen this Mass Proper and was looking through my resources. I was so pleased to find it, (I had spent a fruitless couple of hours looking for another Mass last week) that I did not look to closely...

Looking at how you would set chant sol-fa-fa-re would not make sense as you not set it the way the supplement has. So it must be sol-mi-fa-re but it is very badly set, not that this is unique event in chant books.