Public Domain settings of chant masses?
  • Stella611
    Hi All,
    If we were wanting to make our own booklet with parts of the kyriale that we use, are there any typesettings out there we can use, without copyright infringements?

Thanked by 1stulte
  • tomjaw
    Round or square notes? Graduale size or Liber size... Or you could grab the GABC from Gregobase.
    Thanked by 2stulte ServiamScores
  • ServiamScores
    Yes— please use fresh engravings from gregobase... there's no excuse for using old scans-of-photocopies-of-old-books for your handout. You can have pristine square notes, free-of-charge.

Here's all the chants from the kyriale helpfully collated into one list:
    https://gregobase.selapa.net/usage.php?id=ky
  • Jeffrey Quick
    There are a ton of things on ccwatershed.org, assuming you want Latin. Which you might not, given the context of copyright law.
  • MatthewRoth
    and you can do what you want! I personally copy Solesmes and the Liber Usualis (or Liber antiphonarius), with what I call a neo-Renaissance style of sorts, because of the fonts that I choose for the text, the features used of said fonts, etc.

I can't stand the Linux Libertine or whatever which is commonly a default, so as much as I find it annoying and find it flawed for typesetting, LaTeX is a great tool for the chant setting, meaning that you might as well make your booklets in it.
    Thanked by 1tomjaw