Wonderful Response of those to be interviewed at the Colloquium ... happy!
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Friends,

So far, only one person has signed up to be interviewed at the Colloquium for the documentary.

Our team leaves to film the Colloquium on Thursday. It would be really wonderful if we had several people (who are willing to be interviewed) scheduled in before we even get to Chicago.

ALL THE DETAILS ARE HERE

Friends, the Colloquium is just around the corner! Has nobody died of excitement yet???
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    Oh Jeffrey, you can interview me during all the extra time we have in which we are just hanging out doing nothing. ha ha ha
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Oh, sorry: I forgot about all that time!
  • I do: I assumed there were may more interesting people out there who would be more interview-worthy!
  • Carl DCarl D
    I confess I had the same thoughts as Daniel. I'm just a simple attendee, attempting to learn as much as I can. And I don't know what an interview might entail - perhaps it would make me out as the blithering idiot that I sometimes am?

What's the scoop, Jeff? What kind of people are you looking for, and what would we expect an interview to entail?
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Here's the deal:

Let me put this in "unofficial terms" --- OK? This is not Corpus Christi Watershed speaking, this is me:

Basically, the 250+ people who come to the Colloquium COULD HAVE chosen to take a mini-vacation to the Bahamas instead of singing chant, polyphony, attending workshops, lectures, training sessions, etc. etc. etc.

Many of the folks who will watch this TV special HAVE NEVER HEARD authentic Sacred music: I know this is hard to believe, but it is true.

I feel that if "average" attendees tell the camera WHY they gave up so much and made so many sacrifices, we will be able to take some really interesting clips.

Basically, you can talk about whatever you want, as long as it vaguely touches on the Colloquium.

Interviews are 15 minutes long.

We may use NONE of your footage, we may use a LOT of it --- it all depends on numerous factors.

By the way, several of the higher-ups at CMAA will be previewing this thing before it is released --- trust me, NOBODY will be edited to look stupid.
  • Hi Jeff,
    I just emailed Pearl and would be happy to talk if you need people. The only problem as I see it is the time frame. How can I contain all the CMAA and the Colloquium has done for me in that amount of time? :)

To respond to your last question, I am hugely thrilled to be coming this year. Just yesterday I passed up something big to keep my place at the Colloquium- I wouldn't miss it for almost anything!!!

And I do look forward to meeting you and CCWatershed folks and thanking you in person for the Jogues site, etc.

Mary Ann Carr Wilson
  • G
    I just figured that because I wouldn't SHUT UP last year, your very camera would have run screaming at the sight of me.

I am always happy to run my mouth off.

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • AOZ
    I can tell even from this small thread that people tend to freeze up when they think cameras rolling. Just don't think of it as any big deal. Just think of the "interview." which is such a loaded word, as sitting down and talking to your friend or Colloquium colleague about the week. Finally plopping down somewhere, exhausted, but exuberant because of the week. Just casual and chatty.

Don't let the rhetoric scare 'ya. Everyone is going to blabbing all over the place, and talking about things for weeks after on this forum, for example. Think of it as a video blog.
  • dad29
    By the way, Jeff, are the other video-interviews online (the ones from the last few years)?
  • Jeff, you are obviously unaware that there has already been a decision made among those attending who are too shy to tell you that they want to be interviewed, a decision to share a secret sign with you. It's pretty simple. People who are willing to spread the word about chant to the world will be the ones wearing....bow ties.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Friends,

I am happy to report that many people have now signed up to be interviewed ! Yay!

Re: footage from last year --- we had several issues last year (defective software, theft of hardware in France, lack of conversion ability between cameras & Microsoft, things damaged/lost by airlines, etc.) with the end result being that very little ended up being suitable for release.

However, the experience last year has proven to be invaluable, and I think you will be able to tell (when this documentary is produced) that last year was not wasted at all --- the experience we gained was invaluable.

Also, I am pleased with the way the CMAA trailer came out, and that was produced from footage last year.
  • I have my double-breasted, blue/white seersucker suit and bow ties ready to pack. No joke.
  • mjballoumjballou
    I'd be happy to run my mouth on the benefits of the Colloquium.
    Mary Jane
  • Pes
    Jeff O

If many people have now signed up, you might then change the title of this thread to eliminate "sad." It looks rather ... mournful.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    how about that? ;-)