• achoyce91
    Sorry, nothing here.
  • Alex,

For the sake of avoiding misunderstanding, perhaps you could explain some of your approach to these kinds of commissions, and whether you are willing to work outside of the samples you provide. (So, for example, if someone requests music for the solemn reception of a bishop, using the Latin text "Tu es Petrus", using SATB and Large French Romantic-era Organ, and if any of those aren't demonstrated at your site, are you willing to do what is asked, or (like some actors) do you always play yourself in every movie?
  • achoyce91
    That's a good question. I recently composed a setting of Laudate Dominum for 2 tenors, baritone, and bass, and the response was... absent. I honestly don't think he liked it because he was very enthusiastic about my Mass setting and another piece. Also, I'm in love with contemporary modalities which I fear I'll eventually go sterile composing music that I frankly find no enjoyment in composing. So I might have the tendency to always play myself yet I'm applying for roles where I can't play myself. Igor Stravinsky is my role model. He frequently described the peace he experienced in the process of composing. I need that. Composing is only rewarding when I finish a piece. That has to change if I want to continue composing and... well... I have to be myself to get that peace.